YOUNG ATHLETES PROGRAM (YAP)
About Young Athletes
The Special Olympics Young Athletes program is an innovative sports play program for children ages 2 through 7 designed to introduce young children with intellectual disabilities, their peers and their families to the world of Special Olympics.
Young Athletes ages 2 through 7 participate in movement and motor skill games and activities year-round, including traditional soccer skills (fall), basketball skills (winter), and introductory track and field events (spring). The Young Athletes Program helps improve coordination and motor skills in preparation for traditional Special Olympics programs beginning at age 8.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Helps improve motor, social and communication development.
- Helps children build physical strength and social skills.
- Includes children with and without disabilities. Similar-aged siblings are welcome to participate.
- Great way to keep kids active!
- Qualified instructors with diverse backgrounds in special education.
- No cost to participate!
Special Olympics Delaware
619 South College Ave.
Newark, Delaware 19716
302.831.4653 / firstname.lastname@example.org